Key parts of this supplier agnostic concept are:
Mostly Level 1
Flat monthly fee
Public stations provide flexibility
Low installation costs
No ongoing network fees
The WPC Simple concept is developed to give companies an affordable and easy way to provide workplace charging for their employees.
Figuring out the ideal WPC charging setup, policies and technical details for your workplace can be complicated. We have gathered the best available tools to help you in this process.
Visit the Case Studies page to read how other employers, property owners and management companies have planned and provided charging infrastructure for EV owners.
1. Set up a team to figure out the roles your company can play in promoting and providing practical workplace charging solutions.
2. Learning by doing. Set up your own workplace charging program and figure out how easy/hard it is to do at your workplace. Visit WPC Simple page for a practical concept to help you in designing your program.
3. Join the DOE Workplace Charging Challenge.
4. Start talking with legislators, advocacy groups, governmental agencies, auto dealers, PEV owners groups and other stakeholders to find out how you can help, support and lead.
4. Learn, educate, negotiate and work to find the right solutions.
Electric vehicles and plug-in hybrids are coming to markets around the U.S., with sales growing every month. This movement will mean a huge shift in the energy market. Energy that used to be delivered through gas stations will be replaced by energy delivered through the grid to home and workplace charging stations.
This provides unique opportunities for dynamic companies to set themselves up as leaders in this area.